Friday, November 11, 2011

Trust the Process


It seems that something has been missing from my life, a lot of things.  I have prided myself on living with purpose and meaning but lately it seems as though I have lost my way so I pray.   For years I had been involved in and taught about living a spiritual life, one day that all suddenly ended and I’ve felt myself wondering in the wilderness at times trying to figure out how to have the promise land revealed to me again, so again I pray.
I remember when I first discovered what we called new thought, I went first to a Johnnie Coleman church where they seemed to talk about and relate to God in ways that were totally unfamiliar to me.  I had read the bible cover to cover while overseas and found that the Baptist teachings I’d grown up in no longer suited my understanding.  I was on my own till I met a woman who said “oh that sounds like what they teach at LTC,” I looked it up and went thinking they couldn’t possibly be where I was but they were pretty close.  I called that place home for a long time until that minister left and I went to a Science of Mind church. 
Without going into the subtle nuisances of all the teachings I’ve studied it was in new thought and Science of Mind in particular taught me about spiritual mind treatment which is commonly called prayer.  They’d dissect prayer paying close attention to the relationship of oneness we have with God.  Changing what has been instilled into me from almost birth is an ongoing process. 
The idea that I could be plugged in one day and on the outside looking in the next seems odd, I know.  I’ve searched my soul trying to recall if this spiritual sojourn could have been the answer to a prayer; you know the show me kind.  Maybe I needed to see or be sure that where I was is where I truly wanted to be. So I prayed.   
The final step in the prayer process is to release your words with the spirit of expectancy and anticipation.  When I first learned the prayer process things seemed to happen so quickly I’d actually move out of the way for fear of being hit by the fast delivery.  I chuckle about it now.  When I prayed for a car I parked mine around the corner and walked home; I didn’t want any blockage to my blessing.  I got it and it only took 3 weeks and was paid in full as requested.  Often my prayers are not for things but rather to have something revealed, developed or understood.  How this comes into existence is often an arduous process like the birth of a child.  This spiritual wondering or sojourn maybe part of the process unfolding whatever the case may be I trust the process. 

No comments: